Thursday, April 10, 2008

Island Treasures......


Footprints...I have always been moved by the image of them on a beach. The idea of where we have been and where we are going always seems to bring up so many thoughts and feelings inside. These pictures were taken on the last morning of our trip to Maui. I got up really early and went for a stroll in hopes of finding some treasures. Being back in Hawaii brought back many memories of livng there as a child. I had forgotten, amidst how busy life has gotten, how much I use to love to follow the shoreline and wait for each wave to roll in. I remember the childlike anticipation of waiting to see what shells and other beautiful natural gifts from God the ocean might deliver. My youngest son joined me and we collected some wonderful memories. I added them to my special inspirational rocks a dear friend had given me and these treasures now greet me each morning in my art studio!





This find took my breath away when I discovered it admist the sand and rocks. My eyes saw two souls in a protective embrace. And when I turned the rock over I saw the two souls reversed but still holding onto each other. My husband added that he thought there was a small child nestled between them when the piece was turned over. It amazes me that such natural art tumbles to the shore! It reminded me how much God loves to bless his children... we just need to have our eyes and hearts open enough to see them and reach for the blessings!


This was my last meal on the island! Isn't this just the most amazing salad you've ever seen! I literally sat there for several minutes when it arrived and marveled at the decadent artistry! And it was every bit as delicious as it looked!

1 comment:

Ragamuffin Gal said...

OOOh, wow! I loved this posting, I could almost feel the tropical breeze on my shoulders! Your beautiful posting and blog inspires me as does your art! Many Blessings, Katie