Sunday, July 20, 2008

Lost Her Way....



It can happen to anyone...even the strongest of souls. We all have seasons where the questions are many, the answers are few and the way is uncertian. It can be disorienting when the road takes us to places we have never traveled...when our familiar ways of navigating our life fail us...and we feel profoundly and deeply lost. But to be lost holds the possibility of being found again. The state of being lost is an opportunity to walk towards a new place...make a new choice...risk shedding our old paradigm for one that might offer more freedom. Sometimes we need to toss out the old map, makes friends with our new surroundings and risk receiving a new set of directions. It means letting go of the old ways. Even in the darkest hours of being lost...there is a God who is always ready to find us...even when we don't want to be found.

New Art Card can be found here!

6 comments:

artisticdiva said...

Very well put! I was there Friday. Can't say I've "found" myself yet, but verbalizing that I was not sure where to go next helped me get beyond that moment of panic.

Heather said...

This is absolutely breathtaking....I love this. And your post is so true...

Lady Em said...

I just popped over from The Feathered Nest to see your blog. I love your work, it is wonderful!!!!!!
I have to say that this post brought some tears to my eyes, what you wrote is so true, and you put it so beautifully. Thank you for sharing, it was like reading a daily devotional.
~Lady Em~

Candace said...

Totally empathize. I love the little girl staring out of her "trapped" frame. So somber and so vulnerable. Fleetingly personal and yet universal in scope.

Candace

Lisa Kaus said...

Beautiful!!
xoxo
Lisa

Gaby Bee said...

Wow, what a wonderful card! It's always a treat visiting your blog.