Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Princess Dreams......


Playing with jewels and sparkling dangles is such a deeply feminine experience for me. I have always been a "girly-girl" at heart! As a little girl I remember the thrill of opening my grandmother's jewelry drawer and my sweet aunt's special box containing all her "dress up" jewels. The same emotion washed over me as I sat on my Aunt's antique sofa watching Cinderella for the first time! Pure magical delight! I suppose these treasures rekindle that innocent childhood fantasy of being all dressed up to dance at the ball! There was always a handsome prince to delicately place a strand of precious jewels around the princess's neck too (pardon me, my fantasy is getting away with me..heehee). You can see more of this original altered art necklace on Etsy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very affect by your work and I'm very very sorry because I don't understand every wording, but I feel a lot of things when I look your beautifuls creations.
Thank you for your wonderful world.

Claire said...

there is a timeless
quality to all your creations, lani. that's why i love to give them as presents :o)
i think they speak to the child-like possibilities in all of us...
blessings xxx

Artifax said...

My grandmother had a box like that too. How well you put that sensation into words!

And what a beautiful necklace that is ! Straight from a princess' jewel box!

Ro Bruhn said...

I love your art and your jewellery, just fabulous
Ro
ox