Saturday, March 26, 2011

Studio Solitude.....

Be sure to pause the music playing on my blog on the lower right sidebar before viewing the video.


I was working in my studio this morning, listening to a beautiful stream of music on Pandora, and this one touched my heart. I have been taking time to sing in my studio these days. When I arranged my new creative space I heard a small whisper to buy a sound system and microphone and arrange a space for music. Performing use to be a major part of my life and as time and seasons have shifted, I have taken many years away from this expression and have been unsure where this piece fits in the present days of my story. And so much has changed in my soul that the idea of "performing" just doesn't fit anymore. But deep inside there is a longing to encourage and offer hope though music much like the call I have felt with art making. Sometimes life asks that we set what is dear to us down. Maybe let it go and be willing to have it come back to us in a beautifully new and different way...or be open to its absense shifting us towards a new path that will bring us even deeper joy and healing. I have no idea what this will look like for me but feel drawn to explore these feelings with God in the solitude of my studio. In the meantime, it has been sweetly healing for my soul to just close my eyes and sing as a means of worship and creativity.

I have been working on a new series of cards that have a deeper, poetic thought to share. Writing brings me such a release. This one was inspired by and created for a dear friend who is going through a very hard season and transition in her life. I am always humbled and in awe of the power of words and images to being comfort to those in our midst. You may find this "Safe Heart" card at the bottom of the page here on my website.













I have also enjoyed creatng these new "Healing Hope" sets of greeting cards, magnets or tags. There are five different design sets to choose from and these make wonderful gifts for someone special. If you would like to take a peek at these offerings and see many other designs not pictured here you may find them here!

2 comments:

Sueann said...

I love your cards and words! So precious and totally soul and heart satisfying!!
Beautiful imagery as well!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Kathy said...

I am very moved by your work. I am going through a difficult time in my life right now and your words help to calm the soul.