Sunday, August 17, 2008

Honor the Pain, Set Free the Soul....





Some pieces I lose myself in while creating... and this was one of them. I love the depth in assemblage and shadowbox work. There is a silent story that echoes behind the images, textures and found objects that lay nestled inside...beyond the words that are seen...in and through the doorway...a personal story only the viewer can interpret. I find it only takes a simple phrase to stir memories and images to life...to begin the weaving of a personal narrative that connects to my own history...my unique experiences. What story echoes back to you through the doorway of your soul.....

You may find more out about this original shodowbox on my website!

9 comments:

Anne, Bulles dorées said...

wow fabulous !!!!!! I love this !

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shadowbox! I love the look of your blog... the header, the background, all of it is beautifully integrated with your art! Nice work. ~Joann

Gaby Bee said...

OMG, this shadow box is amazing. Love all the little details. Great job!

Candace said...

Oh My Goodness. What a treat to see this first thing Monday! Anytime, it would be a treat. LOL. So so gorgeous. Your work is just constantly amazing to me.

Hugs,
Candace

Lisa said...

Beautiful, as always, Lani!

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Hello Lani!

Beautiful shadowbox!

Came by to ask if you'd pray for my son Bryan and have your church pray too! His operation is next Thursday.

GOD Bless and Thanks So Much for Praying!

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

A deep and true phrase. We cannot be free from our "lies" until we face our pain, our past and "peel back the onion layers". Sometimes it's painful to go into the depth of our lives but we don't have to do it alone. Awesome art combined with your faith. Lisa

Sanja said...

your shadowbox is stunning!:0)

Trish said...

I am new here to your blog but I will definitely be visiting regularly!! I love your work!