Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Day of Unexpected Rest..........















I had great plans for the day today but unfortunately I am hunkered down with the stomach flu. So I thought I would share the latest treasures in my art library. I have been swadeled up with a cup of tea and losing myself in the beauty and inspiration found on these pages today (in between waves of nausea...ick). I must admit to being a creative book addict! One of my favorite things to do is share and swap books with my artist friends. Admittedly I tend to be the one to have a collection which is the next best thing to visiting Amazon (haha). You can click on each title to find out more about each of these wonderful offerings from these talented artists! Click on the author's name and you will find their blogs and websites!

God Is at Eye Level: Photography as a Healing Art ~ Jan Phillips

Journal Spilling: Mixed-Media Techniques for Free Expression~ Diana Trout

Layered, Tattered and Stitched: A Fabric Art Workshop~ Ruth Rae

Creative Time and Space: Making Room for Making Art ~ Rice Freeman-Zachery

A sweet friend of mine sent me this video recently. The author speaks so eloquently and vulnerably about this journey called "Mothering". As a Mom who is weathering the transition of sons moving into adulthood, I shed a few tears listening and remembering my own travels thus far. Be sure to pause the music already playing on my blog, on the lower right sidebar, before viewing. You can read more of Katrina Kennison's musings on her blog!


1 comment:

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Lani..
I hope you feel better soon, I had the stomach flu , I was only able to drink warm water, eat banana's and drink only 100% apple juice. No fatty foods, Dairy, or anything with sugar. it lasted a couple days. Take care and get some rest.

Hugz Lorie