Wednesday, October 20, 2010

From God, Through you, To the world.......

Please pause the music on my blog on the lower lefthand sidebar playlist before viewing video!



Just wanted to pass on an amazing video that my young son shared with me recently. Many of you might have heard of this creative one called Akiane. It is a true picture of how God gifts his children! We each possess something valuable, unique, and one-of-a-kind that is given to us with a purpose and a passion. It is designed with our story and DNA woven into it. How completely human and tempting it is to compare our offerings to the obvious "off the charts" gifting of this young girl and say 'well I can't do something LIKE THAT"...to devalue and minimize what we have to give ...but that is such a great diservice to your beautiful heart my friend. What others have to give is unique to them and they cannot give what God has gifted you to give. What He has chosen to give you is just as brilliant, fabulous and meaningful. He knows just who will be blessed by seeing, touching, reading or hearing it! We have no idea the ways in which others might be inspired by, risk stepping out to or be encouraged by what we have been given to share with our world. It all is of use....all that you are wrestling over, shedding tears over, risking over, delving into, stepping out in, being quiet and reflective over....each little effort is of such immeasurable worth and value to the One who created your soul! Watch and see what God does with it all!

2 comments:

peggy aplSEEDS said...

this is a beautiful post! thanks for sharing this!

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

Wow. This is just wonderful. I had the blessing of watching it with my girls. I had a hard time talking to them and reading your post for a minute..all choked up. So powerful. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm going to share this with my extended family. The message of your post goes along exactly with what I had been talking to my 8yr old about..our self-worth is not dependant on our abilities or other people. We all are so valuable and just need to listen to God's will for our lives.
Thanks again, Lisa